Your own, onsite, IP based telephone exchange – also known as IP PBX
Unify your communications with an onsite IP Phone System that completely replaces your proprietary PBX, supports standard SIP soft/hard phones, VoIP services and traditional PSTN phone lines.
An IP Phone System is far less expensive than a traditional PBX and can reduce call costs substantially by using a XeloQ SIP Trunk. It’s web-based administration makes phone system management easy.
- Complete phone system – Provides call switching, routing & queuing
- Purchase cost dramatically lower than a traditional hardware PBX
- Basically unlimited extensions and phone lines (depending on brand / model)
- No proprietary expansion modules needed!
- Web based configuration & status indication – Easy phone system management!
- Unified Communications – Receive voice mail via email & see user presence
- Auto-Attendant (e.g. 1 for sales, 2 for support, etc.)
- Reduce long distance and inter office call costs up to 90%
- No more expensive proprietary system phones – Use standard SIP phones
- Eliminate the phone wiring and make moving offices easier
- Remote workers / flex workers / mobile workers – easily connect them all
- Easy call control, presence and extension management
- Click to Dial & Call Pop-up for Microsoft Outlook
- Receive & Make calls via the standard PSTN using VoIP Gateways or ISDN / analog cards
- Out of the box configuration for many VoIP Gateways and IP Phones
OK; I got it. Now tell me: is an IP PBX hardware or software based?
It can be both. You can get a Yeastar MyPBX (hardware) if you prefer it to run on it’s on (disk- and fan less) hardware. Or use a 3CX (software) based IP PBX If you already have a Windows based server running or want to use a dedicated PC for this and you want to manage your PBX from Windows. For 3CX there is free test version.
Then there is also freeware called Asterisk. It runs on a Linux based PC and is powerful but not always easy to install and manage. That is why we always prefer to use the MyPBX hardware PBX-es or 3CX software. It’s your call; PHONE YOUR OWN WAY.
Great! I want it. What should I do next?
We will tell you. Just follow the steps below. It all starts with a XeloQ SIP Account.
- Check out our retail rates: Click here
- Create an account here: Sign Up
- Prepay us: Click here
- Get yourself a Yeastar MyPBX or the 3CX software (or use your own IP PBX)
- Configure your IP PBX SIP Trunk with just these settings:
Auth Name: 7xxxxx (same as Account)
Password: your password
Port: 5060 (or 6060)
- Test the connection FIRST by calling number 900
—> this is the echo-test; test this before paying us!
- After we topped up your account with the money you paid us, enjoy calling!
- Optional: buy a local (normal) DID telephone number. Available in 90 countries.
- Need IP authorization? Check out HOW to do that on our SIP Trunk page
More questions? Send an email to sales@XeloQ.com or ask us anything you wish in the Live Chat below.